• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Might be getting a second tarantula... thoughts on Homoeomma?

smallbike

3 Year Member
Hello! It seems I've held out for a very long time with just the one T (A. Seemanni), but I found a Homoeomma sp. blue Peruvian on craigslist and emailed the seller with a few questions. I hadn't planned on getting a second T but have always been enamored with the dwarf species and ... well you know how it goes. I'd been holding out for a C. versicolor but the Homoeommas are just so cute!

It's selling for $120 (3-in, unsexed). Anything I should look out for? Seems like a reasonable price for an established T, but correct me if I'm wrong.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Homoeoma are adorable.
Just one word of warning at 3" this could be a mature male in which case it won't have very long to live. If you can get a photo and check for hooks on the front legs.
Yeah I definitely asked about the age and for photos - I wasn’t sure if 3” was the average max, but figured it was close enough and it may be more of a “senior” than “established.”

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
That’d be an awesome addition. As mentioned, make sure its not a MM. Craigslist seems to have plenty of people trying to pass off MMs as unsexed to get more money than they would otherwise.

That being said, I’ve also gotten some fantastic deals on females from craigslist. Good luck!

smallbike

3 Year Member
One of the prettier spiders out there. Might kick a bit, but no big deal.
Thanks for the heads up! I’ve heard they’re a little feistier than their Chilean flame counterparts.
That’d be an awesome addition. As mentioned, make sure its not a MM. Craigslist seems to have plenty of people trying to pass off MMs as unsexed to get more money than they would otherwise.

That being said, I’ve also gotten some fantastic deals on females from craigslist. Good luck!
Yeah, I asked for photos and haven’t gotten a response. My current T was also a craigslist adoption - taken in by a former pet store employee after being surrendered at the shop. Once he changed jobs he and his wife didn't have time for it anymore so I got her with the enclosure for $25. They were told it was a “1 yr old Female Chaco Golden knee” - turned out to be a much older A. seemanni who may well be a male for all I know. But either way she’s a great spider and I’m glad to have her :)

Latest posts