• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mexican Red knee

Joemaster

My tarantula has constantly be going to the corner of the cage behind this plant and staying there is there any reasons why?
FCCF915B-E424-4D06-AED9-A96D30A40160.jpeg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You will get used to Making a nice enclosure with a hide and the Tarantula digging a random hole and hiding there instead.
Ive seen you other thread and the light isn’t needed. I can’t see if you have a heat mat or not but if you do remove that aswell, it’s a common mistake for new keepers. Tarantulas dislike heat and light so it’s gotten itself into the corner behind the plant and got comfortable.

Joemaster

You will get used to Making a nice enclosure with a hide and the Tarantula digging a random hole and hiding there instead.
Ive seen you other thread and the light isn’t needed. I can’t see if you have a heat mat or not but if you do remove that aswell, it’s a common mistake for new keepers. Tarantulas dislike heat and light so it’s gotten itself into the corner behind the plant and got comfortable.
So I should get rid of the the heat light and I don’t have a heat pad underneath

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So I should get rid of the the heat light and I don’t have a heat pad underneath

The tarantula is hiding from the heat of the lamp. It's trying to stay cool so that it doesn't dehydrate. Please remove the heat lamp. :) It is not needed for any tarantula species. Provide a reservoir for your tarantula, as well.

Latest posts