• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mexican Fire Leg Enclosure Questions?

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok so I just bought this lil baby....2-3 inches! For now its in a 5 gal! My question is should I mist? How often? Also would a 10 gal enclosure be proper for it when it matures? I hear that humidity needs to be low. Would feeding 3 crickets once a week be good. No heating for this species? Any suggestions on enclosure set up, size, and care would be greatly appreciated! Just want to make sure Iam doing this correctly!Thanks

Additional info: I did research this species b4 I purchased and got conflicting info.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
Brachypelma like it dry and since its a decent size you shouldn't need to mist. additional heating should not be necessary. I would feed it one cricket maybe two every week, three is excessive, but ultimately your choice. 5 gallon is fine its may be big for it now, but it will eventually grow into it. just make sure that their is enough substrate in their that if it were to crawl on the glass and fall the it will not be a huge fall. if you want to put it in ten gallon when it get older then thats fine as well. the rule of thumb for enclosure size is twice the spider length.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Thank You that is very helpful! We are moving to a pl without centeral heat and air but have a space heater will this b ok? Is there any way of effectively heating if I had to? Thx

Latest posts