• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Weazle - As in "Pop Goes The"

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I collected her on Wednesday she is an Adult Cape Coral Cobra (Aspidelaps Lubricus Lubricus):):)
20181122_202611.jpg
20181122_202630.jpg
20181122_202640.jpg
20181122_202650.jpg
20181122_202659.jpg

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really cool. I really want a snake (specifically ball python) but my mom doesn't like them because they are big and eat rodents and stuff.
Thanks.
Ball Pythons are great but I wouldn`t recommend them as a first snake as they can go on periods of fasting.
If you were allowed to start keeping snakes , I would start out with either a Corn or Milk snake, Garter`s or Ribbons .

Luna

3 Year Member
Jfc she's beautiful! I know it probably goes without saying but be careful with that beauty!;)

I've never known someone to own one directly but capes always scared me when someone would mention they saw one in person!

Cool creature:)

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jfc she's beautiful! I know it probably goes without saying but be careful with that beauty!;)

I've never known someone to own one directly but capes always scared me when someone would mention they saw one in person!

Cool creature:)
Thank You:).
Too be honest I think you may be getting this species confused with the Cape Cobra (Naja nivea) which are very very aggressive and highly Toxic.
The Cape Coral Cobras (Aspidelaps Lubricus ) have a relatively low Neurotoxin , they also only have 3mm Fangs so only a very small amount of Venom is injected in a bite. There is no Anitvenom made for this species as it`s considered not medically significant to produce.
I`ve had my Girl now since November and not once has she shown any aggression , she has never spread or displayed her hood at me. I have tried to get her to hood up, but she won`t. Very placid Girl:).

Luna

3 Year Member
Ahh! Mixup explains it then! I saw Cape Cobra and instantly thought 'THAT'S SOME SERIOUS NOODLE!'

I've never owned a venomous reptile so that's pretty cool no matter the relativity of mixup, absolutely beautiful specimen!

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ahh! Mixup explains it then! I saw Cape Cobra and instantly thought 'THAT'S SOME SERIOUS NOODLE!'

I've never owned a venomous reptile so that's pretty cool no matter the relativity of mixup, absolutely beautiful specimen!
Can I just say Thank you , you have got me looking into the Naja Nivea, maybe one to add to the collection . Been making enquiries today about these and the Naja Haje (Egyptian Cobra) to see if it`s possible to get hold of either one (or both knowing me:D) Specimens.

I will have 8 in my collection so far in a few weeks time when I have another new one arriving.:)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
any plans for a Naja Oxiana on your list!?:eek: you are getting quite some collection going on there:)
Agreed. LC is a beast though, he'll probably outlive all of us. The folks that look past the danger and see the animal are on a different level than the average hobbyist. I'm self aware enough to know that. I see something different when I look at dangerous animals. I see an enemy. More "caveman"-like thinking..
Which has it's uses, tbh, but it is ultimately destructive. Which bothers us cavemen not at all. Still. I'd kill a cobra on site, but they really are fantastic animals..very impressive. Props to a pro for diving deeper than most of us.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed. LC is a beast though, he'll probably outlive all of us. The folks that look past the danger and see the animal are on a different level than the average hobbyist. I'm self aware enough to know that. I see something different when I look at dangerous animals. I see an enemy. More "caveman"-like thinking..
Which has it's uses, tbh, but it is ultimately destructive. Which bothers us cavemen not at all. Still. I'd kill a cobra on site, but they really are fantastic animals..very impressive. Props to a pro for diving deeper than most of us.
Thanks Mass.
It`s true , hot keepers are fully aware of what these snakes are capable of doing to the human body but we do see past that danger and look more into the behaviour of the animal , studying their body language (it helps to know when a strike is on the way) , all snakes are different.
As you know Mass , Rattlers will S bend when about to strike , very rarely will Rattlers give a dry bite , no venom injected. With Cobras , totally different.
If you have a Cobra out in the middle of the lounge floor , when they strike they always will strike downwards and aim for the feet, that`s why I have my steel toecap boots on when dealing with them.9 times out of 10 Cobras bluff the strike ,their mouths are closed and they kind of headbutt , but when that next strike is about to happen and the Cobras mouth is open , this strike is not going to be a headbutt it will be a full bite They are pretty tolerant and highly intelligent snakes .
And as Viper keeper on you tube says "The most Venomous Snake in the World , is the one that`s just bit you":)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have looked into this species most of them tend to be really dull in colouration , except this . If I could get one with these markings then a big YES.:D:D
View attachment 36741 View attachment 36742
That sure is beautiful...:D I can see you adding this to your ever expanding collection and likely a few others ,I'm sure theres more out there to be added to the list that you haven't even looked at yet...exciting times!:eek:

Latest posts