• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet my new Tappies

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
@Kymura My elenae came in today along with two surprises...of gigas (Tapinauchenius) babies!

Harley the elenae finds her straw comforting so has yet to leave so no good pics but:
20160803_182453.jpg

Harley in her current fav place
20160803_184852.jpg
T. gigas #1 exploring
20160803_190508.jpg
T. gigas #2 hanging out. This one seems to be more sassy of the two

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
@Casey K. The best pics I have at the moment in time, as requested :)

Harley is being super shy atm. She was being SO still I thought she hadn't made the trip...she did she's just noping it out right now haha and every so slowly moving towards one of the exits.I unplugged both ends to double check her status.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looookitttt!!!babies! I'm absolutely foolish for the little ones. :)
OK name 'suggestion'
Only a suggestion. ... I like it but...-shrugs -
Anansi (pronunciation Ah-nahn-see) the trickster is a cunning and intelligent spider, and is one of the most important characters of West African and Caribbean folklore. He is also known as Ananse, Kwaku Ananse, and Anancy;

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I like it! Ananasi (close but different) is also a type of create one can be in the LARP world I larp in (World of Darkness). They are spider changers (like werewolves, but spiders).

The sassy one (gigas #2) shall be Anansi

The exploratory one (gigas #1) shall be Ananasi.

Yes close, but different for different personalities and they are kinda like twins and for spiders that whole similar name thing is cute. Not for humans imo.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awwww thanks @Psyrocke. They are super cute and compared to their size, they're living it up in their mansions... :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like it! Ananasi (close but different) is also a type of create one can be in the LARP world I larp in (World of Darkness). They are spider changers (like werewolves, but spiders).

The sassy one (gigas #2) shall be Anansi

The exploratory one (gigas #1) shall be Ananasi.

Yes close, but different for different personalities and they are kinda like twins and for spiders that whole similar name thing is cute. Not for humans imo.
We used to RP all the time :)
Glad you like it ^.^
Hmmm, thinking I might use Whitewolf names for my incei now tho <.< 4 of them sooo---Fera; Bunyip; Uktena and Wendigo :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We used to RP all the time :)
Glad you like it ^.^
Hmmm, thinking I might use Whitewolf names for my incei now tho <.< 4 of them sooo---Fera; Bunyip; Uktena and Wendigo :)
Oh I like Wendigo, lol.....there's an old native American story about that. You should look it up. ;)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Ah, I wasn't sure, just in case you didn't know.

Yes, I like to give my babies mansions..since I don't have one, why not let them live it up? :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
As of now, no sign of Harley, but Tappies are good at blending haha. I had the same issue with Dorado when i first got him, now he likes being on display. But, I left a meal in there for her this morning so I hope she is hungry for a feast :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Still no visible sign of her beautiful self yet. However, the cricket is very dead and was not this morning so she most definitely tagged it for it must have been bothering her beauty hide. Eventually she will realise I love her haha.

Anansi is being sassy but is good. Moves the to threat pose of adorable the second I look at him and Ananasi is being his usual shy self hiding and just exposing his feets.
20160804_210026.jpg
Ananasi
20160804_205918.jpg
Anansi

Since Harley won't show just yet here is Dorado's butt since he wanted to moon me as I gave him water:
20160804_204550.jpg

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I will say that Harley did have a plump butt so I feel like she could be pulling a Dorado and hunkering down as the cricket was most definitely tagged (the infamous dead venom black color of poison haha) but she is still refusing to be seen. Unlike these two:
20160806_103908.jpg
Ananasi-more of a hider than her sibling
20160806_104017.jpg
Anansi-always on display. He knows he's beautiful haha

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
*Ahem* After much looking for a burrow to see if she was doing as Dorado did I found what I think to be an entry way. There are these black little objects in the photo which I am not sure are her feets or the trick of the light:
20160806_180928.jpg
20160806_180915.jpg

Latest posts