• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mealworms .

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought some of my ts need fattening up so had the brainwave of buying some mealworms. The ungrateful little brats all looked in that disgusted "I'm not eating that !" way. Even my genic bandit, who I might add food has never landed on the floor in her enclosure cos she catches it soon as I drop it in for her. I never thought she would turn down food.
I thought I could cut them up for the slings but can't bring myself to cut them up and they are way too big to feed whole.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I feed superworms to my terrestrials. Mine usually take them. I've offered to arboreals but they refused. The superworms burrow fast and I had one escape my P regalis. It pupated and I had a beetle cruising around after a few weeks.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I feed superworms to my terrestrials. Mine usually take them. I've offered to arboreals but they refused. The superworms burrow fast and I had one escape my P regalis. It pupated and I had a beetle cruising around after a few weeks.
Ts don't seem to like anything different I Will have to stay with the crickets. Fussy little beasties . I got them all back out so shouldn't have any beetles. They make me laugh, they are so set in there ways .

TJB13

3 Year Member
Yeah I like crickets better anyway. I just wish I could get a colony going without a lot dieing... I gotta be doing something wrong.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't have much luck with dubai roaches either because they seemed so stupid and helpless I felt horrible throwing them in for the spiders. I kept some of them but the Ts I did feed really enjoyed them. Luckily I have no problem getting crickets, I Will have to stick with them. I've never attempted to raise a colony cos my cat would drive me mad trying to get them.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I find it hard to feed them meal worms but i did get my pink toe to take them a few times. I put the meal on tong and in front of him. When it refused i put a cricket in. Then after about three time of that he started to take them.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Its so unusual for the genic to refuse food, she surprised me the most. She normally eats anything.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Yeah i just feed cricket now any way mine started to get to big when they have meal worm in to.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I didn't have much luck with dubai roaches either because they seemed so stupid and helpless I felt horrible throwing them in for the spiders. I kept some of them but the Ts I did feed really enjoyed them. Luckily I have no problem getting crickets, I Will have to stick with them. I've never attempted to raise a colony cos my cat would drive me mad trying to get them.
I wouldn't feel bad at all for roaches haha. I want them so bad but their illegal here. Would be nice to get larger feeders... I don't want to use mice.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought the roaches were really sweet and being eaten alive is a nasty way to go, at least crickets can bounce and give them a bit of a run for there money .

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
My adult Ts love superworms a few weeks after a nice molt. Once fattened up, they'd only eat crickets and ignore superworms. Mealworms seemed so small to my Ts who usually ends up eating substrate along with it lol