• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Maxine's or Max's first feeding video

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It starts out crappy but gets better once I pull the cellphone out of the tripod adapter. She is quite impressive and fairly occupied by her food, allowing light to be used. Normally she's pretty light sensitive.

This T is my first old world, which is kinda special. I totally recommend them for anyone. Biggest thing is that they're super fast. When unpacking, take all precautions and move very slow. The slower you are, the slower the spider is.

I didn't film her unboxing but did get my third old world H pulchripes into the same type of enclosure elsewhere on this forum.

In any event, enjoy the show!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I found one at a reasonable price. The nice thing is that Jamie's will also sell you the feeders are the same time. If you get her enclosures, the water dish is a tad shallow. I prefer to use bite caps from Coke zero bottles or similar ones. A tarantula can NOT drown in a water dish because they can walk up walls. They aren't crickets!!

https://jamiestarantulas.com/search/?search=balfouri&description=1

Do your sling a favor and make a starter burrow in one of the corners. Be mindful when unpacking because they are crazy fast. Use your bathroom with the drain plugged fully, then a large tote, then a meeting bowl inside of that and then lastly the enclosure. Work slowly, at a glacial pace.

Mine took about 72 hours to settle in and used the starter burrow but created an entire underground city in there.

Here is mine soon after being unpacked. She had not started exploring yet. You will just love this species!! It was my very first OW tarantula.
M balfouri Maxine 2nd day.jpg

Latest posts