• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature male breeding questions.

jrh3

3 Year Member
Breeders:
Do you normally hang on to the male after pairing or offer it to others with females?

If the female produces a sac is there a chance that the male will still be good after she makes it to next molt cycle and is ready for pairing again?

Just wondering as I have a few extra mature males that I am sure someone else could use, but then again if they are still producing sperm webs by the next time the female is ready, I could just keep and pair again.

Should I just seek a fresh male when ready?

Whats some thoughts on this?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Males are potent for about 3-4 months after maturity, usually. One male can pair with many females in his time of virility

It's unlikely that a male can pair with the same female after she drops a sac and molts, he may not last that long, and if he does he may be impotent

jrh3

3 Year Member
Males are potent for about 3-4 months after maturity, usually. One male can pair with many females in his time of virility

It's unlikely that a male can pair with the same female after she drops a sac and molts, he may not last that long, and if he does he may be impotent

Thanks, looks like I will be getting rid of a few males then haha

Latest posts