• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male tarantula appreciation

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Female tarantulas are by far the most desired sex in the hobby. A females life span is sometimes more than three times longer. In order to get these precious females it takes a few brave males. This page is to give males the appreciation they deserve. Their time is short so post up pictures of your males fast. Because this is all about the boys, immature males are welcome too.

I'll start this off with my recently matured male "Kirk" Aphonopelma Chalcodes.
20180623_175635.jpg

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Female tarantulas are by far the most desired sex in the hobby. A females life span is sometimes more than three times longer. In order to get these precious females it takes a few brave males. This page is to give males the appreciation they deserve. Their time is short so post up pictures of your males fast. Because this is all about the boys, immature males are welcome too.

I'll start this off with my recently matured male "Kirk" Aphonopelma Chalcodes. View attachment 30979
Its stunning how much male chalcodes look like anax. I need to find my old pics of my mm Lp. He was a cool customer.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I’ll have to shoot some pictures of my current MM gbb tomorrow. Got him from someone on thenkther forum. He’s so small that I had 2 other males thatbwere sold to me as Pen males and were larger than the MM I have. Then both of them molted last week and didn’t mature!

Despite being small he has gotten right down to business with all four females I’ve paired him with. First pairing was about 2 hours (might be record time for GBBs).

Latest posts