• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mated my p metalica female with salmon pink

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
Really
Well first off it's hopefully a dud sack since the two spiders are from completely different Genus.
Second, you shouldn't sell them or allow them out into the hobby, they should be killed
Third, you're a real P.O.S. for even attempting hybridizing. Loser.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm kidding.. I'm terrified of spodens,, my man has around 15 and I asked him the other day about breading I thought u could mix bread and he told me no, I just wanted to see the reactions for myself. Clearly it's something you guys don't do then .x
Glad to hear it.
If we all keep the species pure then captive bred tarantulas could be reintroduced into the wild if the need arises.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Two different genus' will not reproduce. Physically impossible for that to happen. Hybridizing only takes away from mother natures natural beauty. It disrupts her cycle. Kinda like oil spills in the ocean. Not a very nice thing for her to have to endure. There have been some instances in the wild where hybridizing has occurred but that's where it should stay....in the wild. Evolution will run its course. Hybridizing in the hobby is wrong. It should be illegal if you ask me but thats just my honest opinion.

Latest posts