• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

male or femalefemale

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Need other opinions im swaying towards female but not 100% could actually be male what do you think
IMG_0592-picsay.JPG
IMG_0596-picsay.JPG
IMG_0596-picsay.JPG
IMG_0592-picsay.JPG
IMG_0596-picsay.JPG

Last edited:

tcrave

3 Year Member
looks male around the epigastric region, possible accessory organs what looks like to me.

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
I'm bad at sexing, but I would say male. Here is my N chromatus that molted Friday, for the first time since I've had it. It was sold as a male, but looking at the molt I'd say I now have 2 females, instead of a pair. Don't know what the one you're showing is, but look at the difference.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 37

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
I'm bad at sexing, but I would say male. Here is my N chromatus that molted Friday, for the first time since I've had it. It was sold as a male, but looking at the molt I'd say I now have 2 females, instead of a pair. Don't know what the one you're showing is, but look at the difference.
this is my p metallica

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
The second one looks definitely like a female

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes mine is definitely a male then dam it now I got 2 males might have to go and get myself a mature female
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,I had a Phormictopus Cancerides turn male really live that T now he won't have the longevity I hoped for. I sex my T's small,used to sex them only at a later stage. Helps me just get over the pain,quick.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Yes mine is definitely a male then dam it now I got 2 males might have to go and get myself a mature female

Just remember the spermathecae are see through and hard to see when the spider is not mature. They only darken as the spider matures, so yours could still be a female, but obviously wouldn't be dark yet at that size

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Just remember the spermathecae are see through and hard to see when the spider is not mature. They only darken as the spider matures, so yours could still be a female, but obviously wouldn't be dark yet at that size
I hope so because I've brought all my T's up from slings and it seems draining when all you get is males is a male more common or is it literally 50 50

Latest posts