• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male or Female L. Parahybana

Jennifer

3 Year Member
Kind of hard to see. I had to watch it in slow motion, but I think it’s female?? This molt is about 3 inches dls. I wish I had a microscope to know for sure. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    16.6 MB

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks female to me. Let the molt dry in that position. The spermatheca will darken as it dries and will be easier to see but it appears there is a flap there so I say female. :)

Jennifer

3 Year Member
Looks female to me. Let the molt dry in that position. The spermatheca will darken as it dries and will be easier to see but it appears there is a flap there so I say female. :)
Thank you for commenting. Unfortunately, I got rid of the molt :(. Oh well, it probably won't be long before (she) molts again. I have another one that I am waiting on to molt, so I will let that one dry to be sure. Thanks for that trick, It will probably help with my other slings as they get bigger too.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for commenting. Unfortunately, I got rid of the molt :(. Oh well, it probably won't be long before (she) molts again. I have another one that I am waiting on to molt, so I will let that one dry to be sure. Thanks for that trick, It will probably help with my other slings as they get bigger too.

You're welcome! :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Save your exos (molts) for Halloween and give them as "tricks" to kiddos with uninspired costumes!
Actually, that may be a treat for some..

AbsolutePresentCrayfish-small.gif

Seamus

3 Year Member
Looks like a female congratulations