• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male cyaneopubescens

NYX

3 Year Member
My C. Cyaneopubescens is heavy in premolt, has had the black bald patch on the abdomen for 3 weeks. The more I look at it and compare to my freshly molted rosea who is confirmed female makes me suspect the GBB is a male. I am going to attach some photos are these bulbous pedipalps and tibial hooks?

Some history on this particular specimen:
The second of my tarantulas got it the day after my rosea. I was not even going to get another one so soon however I wound up 'rescuing' it from a petco. It was troubling to me that it was labeled as a cobalt blue tarantula they had no idea what kind it was. It was extremely damp in its enclosure. Setup was just not nice. It was also troubling to me that even though I did a lot of research on Ts before I got in to the hobby, I could tell this T was not taken care of, even being new to Ts. So even if it is a male I am happy he got live in a nice home and not die in some petshop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 25

NYX

3 Year Member
Welp what would you know the little bugger molted today. Flipped on its back at about 5 this morning. Thinking male since I do not see a spermatheca.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 22

NYX

3 Year Member
Yeah he actually has tibial hooks and bulbs on his pedipalps now. I just don't want to bother him with a photo shoot at the moment.

NYX

3 Year Member
I didn't really want to breed so soon but I might atleast send him around to someone elses female or find a female. I'll feel bad if he passes away without 'sewing his seed.'

Latest posts