• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Male Avicularia Urticans Male for trade

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
I have a make Avicularia Urticans that just became mature I am waiting for him to make his sperm web and then I want to loan him to anybody that is looking to breed a female Avicularia Urticans and we can do half of sac deal or if anybody wants to buy him I will sell him for $80. Also if I can't find anybody that I can loan him to I'm looking for a female Avicularia Urticans to buy so I can breed her at home and sell the slings on this forum (possibly whole sale if anybody is interested) so if anybody has a female please comment or message me because I have been looking for one and it seems like nobody has any

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
If it doesn't have the pedipalps with bulbs at the end or the hooks on it's two front legs then it's a female but you can't be sure unless it's mature how old and how big is your T

Thats not exactly true.... a male only matures with its final molt and gets its bulbous palps. Prior to that the only way to tell if it is male or female is to examine a previous molt, as males and females look the same (for most species).

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
Thats not exactly true.... a male only matures with its final molt and gets its bulbous palps. Prior to that the only way to tell if it is male or female is to examine a previous molt, as males and females look the same (for most species).
Yes i know thank you for the correction though but that's what I was trying say if it's a mature male then it has it bulbous palps and hooks if not it's a female the only true way to know the sex is to examine the molt but for some reason when I try to do it, it doesn't work for me the molt is either to dry or everything is mushed together and I be trying to pull apart gently to examine the molted organs but it always winds up falling apart

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
You can start another thread about trying to molt sex, but basically you need to soak it in water or steam it first.

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
If it doesn't have the pedipalps with bulbs at the end or the hooks on it's two front legs then it's a female but you can't be sure unless it's mature how old and how big is your T
I've only had it a few months and it spends most of its time in it's corke bark tube. Getting a good look proves difficult. I'm not sure on age but it is showing signs of pre molt. Size is around 5+ inches.

Attachments

• 20180110_183338.jpg
    20180110_183338.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
I've only had it a few months and it spends most of its time in it's corke bark tube. Getting a good look proves difficult. I'm not sure on age but it is showing signs of pre molt. Size is around 5+ inches.
idk it looks like a male to me if you can get a close up of its pedipalps that would be nice

Latest posts