• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Making an enclosure

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Basically tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at making an enclosure. Guess I wouldn't really be making it, I'll be taking a 5 gallon tank and flipping it on it's end and stand it up tall, for sir legsalot. I wanna give him a nice home. I'm going to be making the back drop and everything.

But basically for my question now, putting in live plants. Are there certain plants I should/shouldn't put in? I kinda want something that doesn't need sunlight to grow, they don't get much sunlight, though they do get some. And I want something that's not going to take over the T enclosure. Any thoughts?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
This sounds like an awesome project. Keep us updated on how it turns out. And take lots of photos!
I used to just mostly go with pothos when I would put together terrariums. Not positive if they're OK for Ts but they seem to be pretty good at growing in doors, they're hardy, cheap and seem to be non-toxic.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
So... I got lazy, didn't feel like making a back drop. I'll make one in the future. No real plants yet, I'll also get some in the future. I'm lucky I even had time to make this with how much school work and making sure I'm ready for my exams. I've been having an exam a week for 4 weeks. Gets stressful. Screw you collage!

Here she is all done without anything it.

Now with stuff in it! I'll take some pictures when I actually get sir legsalot inside.

My main thing now is water bowl. To put one in or not to put one in. It's not like hes ever on the ground and when he does drink it's typically from the side of the enclosure when I mist. But that's not even that often.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks great! Nice work! With an extra afternoon it wouldn't be hard to create a nice backdrop but as it is it looks fantastic! good job!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Maybe I'll buy one or two from ya when it's time to give our versi's a permanent home :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That would be awesome! I'll definitely keep that in mind and let ya know!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's probably the day we are going to go as well. Not sure what time yet, but I'll shoot ya a text and let ya know closer to the day. Cade's pretty excited lol

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cade and I have been sick :( I tried to download the pic you sent me but couldn't get it to download.

Latest posts