• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Made some space, new set up.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Finally got the chance to put up my new shelf up for all my Ts. We moved not to long ago and no longer have the spare bedroom for all my animals. So I now have to keep all my Ts in my bedroom. It was getting annoying having them stacked on my entertainment center and dresser, so decided to go ahead and take care of it this weekend. Able to display just about everything right out front and still have space in the back for any enclosure upgrades or new additions and extra space for feeders and supplies as well. I added plexiglass side panels and folding doors for the front so my dog won't knock any off with her tail when she walks by. Cleared up a ton of space and this should do fine for the meantime.
Here are some pics.
KIMG1424.jpg
KIMG1425.jpg
KIMG1426.jpg
KIMG1427.jpg
KIMG1428.jpg

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Looking good! I recently organised my scorpions, I bought $15 shelf units and stacked them, now I have tarantulas I'm out of room again! (My chair is usually between the two)View attachment 28676
Thanks man, pretty nice set up you have there yourself. I like your enclosures, nice and organized. I want mine to be more uniformed like that. I plan on making my own enclosures some day, just haven't found the time to do so...Working on my reptiles today. Hopefully I can post pics of them later today.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks man, pretty nice set up you have there yourself. I like your enclosures, nice and organized. I want mine to be more uniformed like that. I plan on making my own enclosures some day, just haven't found the time to do so...Working on my reptiles today. Hopefully I can post pics of them later today.
Mine are uniform because I bought lots of stuff so I could sell scorpion kits, a scorpion, the enclosure and everything else you might need all in one kit. A "$2 shop" had self cleaning fish tanks for $10 ea and over time I had bought about 17 as my collection grew but when I got the idea for kits there were only another 20 to be found in the whole state so they were shipped to my local store. I was hoping I could find some cheap online but around $30 ea was the cheapest I could find them so the smaller enclosures with the white lids were the next closest thing so I ordered 5 to check them out but they hadn't arrived by the time I had the money to finish buying everything I needed so I ordered 10 more @ $11 ea. When I got them they didn't come with the lids shown in the ad and they looked like they should be $2 ea so I've just had them sitting around until I started buying slings and they're perfect for that. I thought if I can't replace the self cleaning tanks once sold why sell them and have to use less suitable enclosures myself? Even before I got my first scorpions I wasn't interested in having shelves of salad tubs etc, I enjoy the art of creating miniature worlds for my pets. So you're looking at about $500 worth of enclosures without the glass tanks and I got sick of them being stacked on the computer desk, cupboards etc so I arranged them so they surround me when I sit watching telly. I just bought a shelf unit or two on the pay days I could afford the $15 or $30 and now it's looking pretty good imo! The only thing is, I'm out of space again!

Latest posts