• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M balfouri

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would like some thoughts on the species.
Anyone keep them communal? How much space, sq. inch, per tarantula?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 3 juvies in a 10 gallon with tons of sub. Never had any issues. I know quite a few people that keep more in less space; But I think 3 in a ten is plenty.
They're pretty much never visible; But make interesting web funnels. Like a Chilo/Baboon Hybrid lol

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool. Do your burrow at all, or do they just build silk tunnels?
I have 11 tiny slings, about 3i. I have them in a container the measures 5x5" at the top, 4x4" at the base, and is 3.25" high I put 2" of sub into it and placed several dried leaves (cleaned and disinfected) for hiding places. All 11 moved in under the same leaf together; it is about 1" long and .5" wide.
I placed 3 squished B dubia nymphs in the enclosure last night after housing them and today they are all gone. I added 4 more tonight.
As they grow and I can ID males I will pull them out and eventually leave the females behind in a 20gal long.