• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M. balfouri sack

DGblock

Hey guys. my balfouri just laid a sack. It is my first and I have got some questions.
Should I feed her before the eggs hatch?
How should I feed them after they hatch? Do I need to prepare small smashed roaches or can I simply throw in a live one? I heard that the female will hunt and will share food with the younglings, is that correct? Any other useful tips? I intend to keep them together for as long I can. How long would that be?

John2097

3 Year Member
You can leave her without giving her food until the slings emerge from the sac. I gave one of my m balfouri prekilled roach while she had her sac ,she ate it along with the sac. Might be coincident? who knows . But best to leave the mom alone while she have sac. I usually prekilled the roach and toss them in front of the female. Sometimes you’ll see the slings clinging in the female fang. And they grow faster if they’re with the mom. Good luck one of my favorite ts.
47398B43-3A13-4A87-BB13-FBDADA9530D5.jpeg
EE923532-8504-440B-B09F-04179ADDBAD5.jpeg

Latest posts