• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP slings

Wolfclans

I have two lps slings that molted a week apart my second LP juvenile molted last night. I got to see it for the first time was very interesting!.. I'm hoping I have female and male I want to breed them it's something I have never tried before.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_113102324.jpg
    IMG_20200909_113102324.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200907_130131632.jpg
    IMG_20200907_130131632.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have two lps slings that molted a week apart my second LP juvenile molted last night. I got to see it for the first time was very interesting!.. I'm hoping I have female and male I want to breed them it's something I have never tried before.

Better be prepared for anywhere between 1-2k babies, lol. They have quite a few! Good luck on your future breeding project. :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes I'm aware of how many they have that's why I wanna breed them if I have a female and male lol
They look similar in size from what I can see in your pics - if that's the case even if you end up with one of each sex it's very likely the male will mature way, way ahead of your female so you'd likely have to get a male to pair with it at a later date -
Breeding tarantulas is a lot to learn and isn't something I'd encourage a first time T owner to consider - it would be best to grow on your collection and gain experience and knowledge about how to keep them before embarking on trying to care for 1000s of slings just my thoughts on it :)

Wolfclans

Thanks for your input. I have been in the tarantula hobby almost a year now and enjoying more each day I make sure temps are right and make sure they have water in dish every day wet one side of the enclosure. I look forward to see them grow huge that's my main goal big and healthy.

Wolfclans

This spider has grown much bigger from when I first got it. It actually made a cacoon web which I never seen a spider do before after it came out of it few weeks later was much larger

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_182738314.jpg
    IMG_20201003_182738314.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hahaha oh to fed 2000 slings you can't find a home for....been there done that. Im pretty fast at feeding and watering slings. 200-250 a hour...good bye weekends. Getting ready to pair my female with @Casey K. male. Little does She know I'm sending all the slings back to her. Hellno#uckthatnoise :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hahaha oh to fed 2000 slings you can't find a home for....been there done that. Im pretty fast at feeding and watering slings. 200-250 a hour...good bye weekends. Getting ready to pair my female with @Casey K. male. Little does She know I'm sending all the slings back to her. Hellno#uckthatnoise :D

Oh no! I was kinda hoping you knew a wholesaler and we could split the sale, lol... time to contact Michael! Bwahahaha!

Wolfclans

I look forward to rasing 2000 LP slings I have tons of buyers lined up for them that's why I'm hoping I have female and male LOL

Wolfclans

Does anyone know what if the wolf spider hogna ingens spider hyberinates? When it's a sling it made some kind of cacoon under a plant. I'm thinking it's growing larger not to sure

Latest posts