• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lost legs during molt

Ditch crawler

Tarantula Club Member
Hi Guys n Gals, my juvenile C cyaneobubecens molted at the weekend and has been sitting on the molt until this morning, I now see that its missing 2 legs from its middle left side, will it survive ? and will the legs grow back during the next molts ?, ive read on tinternet that it's quite common for juveniles to lose legs during a molt ?.
Thanks
DC
20211116_142518.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I now see that its missing 2 legs from its middle left side, will it survive ? and will the legs grow back during the next molts ?, ive read on tinternet that it's quite common for juveniles to lose legs during a molt ?.
Thanks
DC

The Spider Shop occasionally has mystery boxes of "Gimps." Tarantulas which are missing a leg, which they sell off cheaply. These make a great buy as normally after the first molt you get a very thin leg & after the second molt a normal leg.

I have brought 2 or 3 gimp boxes & seeing a T get a leg or two back is one of natures real wonders.

Ditch crawler

Tarantula Club Member
The Spider Shop occasionally has mystery boxes of "Gimps." Tarantulas which are missing a leg, which they sell off cheaply. These make a great buy as normally after the first molt you get a very thin leg & after the second molt a normal leg.

I have brought 2 or 3 gimp boxes & seeing a T get a leg or two back is one of natures real wonders.

They truly are amazing creatures, funnily enough it came from the spider shop, but fully intact.

Last edited:

Latest posts