• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking For a Good Looking Enclosure For Cheap-ish

MichaelWayneBurton96

3 Year Member
I have three tarantulas now, two terrestrial and one arboreal, and I have them all in different types of enclosures. I'm looking for a good looking enclosure, like the acrylic ones that Jaimie's tarantulas sell, but I dont have a whole lot to spend on them. Any suggestions?

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I have a thread on this very topic in another forum. I would guess its frowned upon to link to other forums so I'll give you my quick 2 cents.

If you need multiples you may save money by making them (if you already have the tools that is). I just needed one so I bought a Dalle Craft 9.5" cube enclosure for $28 on Amazon and I like it. I did the math and if you make 3 or 4 enclosures you can get the cost down to about $20 each. There are plenty of build plans on this forum and others, just do some searching.

The Dalle Craft took a little over an hour to assemble (its a kit) with a screwdriver and needlnose pliers. At least half of the time used was pulling the protective paper off of all the parts. I used hot glue around the edges to seal it up a bit. It doesn't have a resident yet, but I'm working on that!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a thread on this very topic in another forum. I would guess its frowned upon to link to other forums so I'll give you my quick 2 cents.

If you need multiples you may save money by making them (if you already have the tools that is). I just needed one so I bought a Dalle Craft 9.5" cube enclosure for $28 on Amazon and I like it. I did the math and if you make 3 or 4 enclosures you can get the cost down to about $20 each. There are plenty of build plans on this forum and others, just do some searching.

The Dalle Craft took a little over an hour to assemble (its a kit) with a screwdriver and needlnose pliers. At least half of the time used was pulling the protective paper off of all the parts. I used hot glue around the edges to seal it up a bit. It doesn't have a resident yet, but I'm working on that!
i have 9 of those Dalle Craft enclosures now. 5 waiting for T's to grow into them, 2 in use for each of my GBBs, Koby (B. boehmei), and Astrid, my son's AF A. chalcodes. I was going to move my A. seemanni in one but he doesn't do well in larger enclosures, he thrives in too small enclosures lol. Guess he's a tiny house fan :p

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
I found several different sizes of acrylic enclosures on amazon which r quite reasonable. To find them simply search "acrylic terrarium" and it will bring them up. There r a lot of different brands I can't remember what all of them r and if u go into the page and look at the options on some of them they have arboreal setups as well.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Annabellam

3 Year Member
I am sure you will be able to find something in the on line market platforms. I think the prices depend on the sizes.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Those are great, but the biggest I can find in AMACS is 4"x4"x8" which is a bit small for full size Ts. Are there larger ones that I am missing?
not really for amac boxes, that's about it. You can use the almost clear Sterlite containers for larger. or the Dalle Craft mentioned above have arboreal setups also.

Belegnole

3 Year Member
Unfortunately, good looking and adult enclosure to not go together with inexpensive.

However if you are inventive or don't mind translucent or glass, there are choices out there.

Used cast off aquariums can be cheap, and just need a top or side if on end. But they only come in certain sizes.

Soft plastic containers like Sterilite and Really Useful Boxes work well for a number of T sizes. I happen to like the Really Useful Boxes, but please note there is a gap all the way around the lid when closed that small slings could escape through. I filled mine with backer rod and they have worked great. Many like cereal containers for fossorial and arboreal because of the height.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What is your budget? Once we know that you will get plenty of great ideas and suggestions.....

Latest posts