• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lockdown shopping

regalis

I know this lockdown seems depressing with only being able to go food shopping and one form of exercise per day but I found the perfect solution. I have been getting my food / exercise by walking down the the water and foraging some nice shell fish and edible seaweed.

I also pop in the village shop on the way back as I cant find any bottles of wine in the rock pools (believe me I have looked) and I'm finding it rather relaxing.

How is everyone else getting through the lockdown? Anyone got any suggestions? :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know this lockdown seems depressing with only being able to go food shopping and one form of exercise per day but I found the perfect solution. I have been getting my food / exercise by walking down the the water and foraging some nice shell fish and edible seaweed.

I also pop in the village shop on the way back as I cant find any bottles of wine in the rock pools (believe me I have looked) and I'm finding it rather relaxing.

How is everyone else getting through the lockdown? Anyone got any suggestions? :)

That sounds idyllic, all you need now is a fishing rod and catch some nice fish too.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know. I dont think the government will let me stretch it to laughing my boat or I would be out every day!

Are you on lockdown? How are you staying occupied?

We're all on lock down but as I normally only go shopping a couple of times a week it's not affecting me too much. Between online shops and my daughter getting me a few bits we're coping food wise. Otherwise I'm spending my time pretty much as usual on TF. :)
My biggest concerns are my Ts, my live food order should have been here Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet.

regalis

We're all on lock down but as I normally only go shopping a couple of times a week it's not affecting me too much. Between online shops and my daughter getting me a few bits we're coping food wise. Otherwise I'm spending my time pretty much as usual on TF. :)
My biggest concerns are my Ts, my live food order should have been here Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet.
Yeah I'm the same. Got all the supplies I needed to do three new custom builds right to the door with amazon lol. I had to go get more food. I have red runner and mealworm mini farms for when I'm away but it looks like I will be here a lot longer than I thought. I do enjoy talking on here. It's nice to have "spider people" to chat with! :D

E

ExMember

Thats my biggest concern too. Not spiders but my lizards. I have enough worms right now to probably feed my spiders for life but crickets for my lizards not so much. Hope your shipment comes in soon.

Well I'm technically not forced to be locked down I am self isolating. Haven't seen another human besides store personnel in over a month. Thankful for my pets and this board for sure!

Wishing all my UK friends (and elsewhere) the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

DOS1392

Yeah I'm the same. Got all the supplies I needed to do three new custom builds right to the door with amazon lol. I had to go get more food. I have red runner and mealworm mini farms for when I'm away but it looks like I will be here a lot longer than I thought. I do enjoy talking on here. It's nice to have "spider people" to chat with! :D
Would love to see the breakdown for this or anh blue prints as i want to start making custom builds :)

Ive been at work up until today as im a mechanic. But now we have closed apart from our hgv section that is staying open. Not looking forward to being at home watching hey duggee on repeat every day as its all my 1 year old will watch lol

regalis

Thats my biggest concern too. Not spiders but my lizards. I have enough worms right now to probably feed my spiders for life but crickets for my lizards not so much. Hope your shipment comes in soon.

Well I'm technically not forced to be locked down I am self isolating. Haven't seen another human besides store personnel in over a month. Thankful for my pets and this board for sure!

Wishing all my UK friends (and elsewhere) the best.
A month without people....... beautiful :D

Soulman

Painting my tank,know that's not another name for it!.an radio controlled tank.See a guy today with a face shield,I'm waiting for the white suites.

E

ExMember

A month without people....... beautiful :D

It does get old though. For the better part of a year I have been holed up in my studio working on my 2 albums and I think I have seen my best friend once even though we live in the same city! Talk to him all the time though. But I'll tell you the isolation is starting to get to me! That's probably why I post here so often!

regalis

Would love to see the breakdown for this or anh blue prints as i want to start making custom builds :)

Ive been at work up until today as im a mechanic. But now we have closed apart from our hgv section that is staying open. Not looking forward to being at home watching hey duggee on repeat every day as its all my 1 year old will watch lol
Well I will be doing one in the next couple of days. I will take pics and add them. I love setting up bio actives. I'm also going to be making some roach breeding setups so I might document that incase anyone wants to see :)

regalis

It does get old though. For the better part of a year I have been holed up in my studio working on my 2 albums and I think I have seen my best friend once even though we live in the same city! Talk to him all the time though. But I'll tell you the isolation is starting to get to me! That's probably why I post here so often!
I post because I cant keep my gob shut. And the dogs never answer when I talk to them! :rolleyes: but I do enjoy being a bit of a lone wolf

regalis

I post because I cant keep my gob shut. And the dogs never answer when I talk to them! :rolleyes: but I do enjoy being a bit of a lone wolf
I can imagine you now.....

Attachments

• hosseindiba-heres-johnny-the-shi-1-efbba40d-478l.jpg
    hosseindiba-heres-johnny-the-shi-1-efbba40d-478l.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
E

ExMember

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

JayManges

I didn't do any shopping but I did play with my Regalis yesterday. Actually, I wasn't playing. I was just trying to rehouse her. It was her that made a game out of it. About gave me a cardiac but she had her fun.

Last edited:

regalis

I didn't do any shopping but I did play with my Regalis yesterday. Actually, I wasn't playing. I was just trying to rehouse her. It as her that made a game out of it. About gave me a cardiac but she had her fun.
Easiest way I found was to take the two enclosures into a small empty room. Place them side by side open and persuade the t with a little paintbrush. If it bolts I just let it go in the room then catch it. Lol

Latest posts