• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Live spider shipping questions

MBullock

3 Year Member
reptiles express is a good shipping service that utilizes FedEx. The cost will vary according to box size and distance shipped. You will be given a bunch of labels to print out after you pay them and enter all the necessary information, then tape these to the box and simply drop it off at a fedex shipping center. Walgreens often has fedex shipping centers- Make sure you drop your box off BEFORE 2-3pm or you may get a shipping exception which will cause a delay, as the last pickup time is generally around 3pm

Generally my boxes cost 60-70 bucks to ship (priority overnight). I tend to pay a little of the shipping to make it easier on my customers.

reptiles express is a good shipping service that utilizes FedEx. The cost will vary according to box size and distance shipped. You will be given a bunch of labels to print out after you pay them and enter all the necessary information, then tape these to the box and simply drop it off at a fedex shipping center. Walgreens often has fedex shipping centers- Make sure you drop your box off BEFORE 2-3pm or you may get a shipping exception which will cause a delay, as the last pickup time is generally around 3pm

Generally my boxes cost 60-70 bucks to ship (priority overnight). I tend to pay a little of the shipping to make it easier on my customers.
Is three day shipping ok for jumping spiders?

Thanks everyone! I found a female jumping spider T I'm planning on buying for breeding, does anyone have experience with ken the bug guy? Also how old must baby jumping spider slings be before they can be rehomed? And can I breed WC with CB? TY!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks everyone! I found a female jumping spider T I'm planning on buying for breeding, does anyone have experience with ken the bug guy? Also how old must baby jumping spider slings be before they can be rehomed? And can I breed WC with CB? TY!
You can breed WC with CB. Just make sure your WC is the same species so you do not hybridize. Ken is a decent guy but I thought he retired?

MBullock

3 Year Member
You can breed WC with CB. Just make sure your WC is the same species so you do not hybridize. Ken is a decent guy but I thought he retired?
Ken sold the business and the new owner drop-ships. Not to be trusted IMO. I actually caught KTBG screwing over an auction winner by poorly packing his spider- dude paid for an A. bicoloratum and it died in transit, and they tried to delete the post and sweep it under the rug. Except for one problem...

...I was watching the whole thing anonymously and screencapped it. I couldnt believe what I saw, it was so incredibly shady.

Ken sold the business and the new owner drop-ships. Not to be trusted IMO. I actually caught KTBG screwing over an auction winner by poorly packing his spider- dude paid for an A. bicoloratum and it died in transit, and they tried to delete the post and sweep it under the rug. Except for one problem...

...I was watching the whole thing anonymously and screencapped it. I couldnt believe what I saw, it was so incredibly shady.
O MY GOSH! Not buying from them!

Where did you get your jumping spiders?

Latest posts