• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Live Plants

CJMoak

Hey guys!!
Attached is a picture of my terrarium. Tell me everything that I need to know about adding some live plants! I want as much enrichment as possible for my next arachnid child. Substrate, care, easiest plants, should I get some smaller insects to help with waste and what not? Heat lamp for the child? Lamp in general? If so, what kind?
The terrarium is intended for an arboreal spider, specifically a Peruvian Purple Pink Todd tarantula Spam me with whatever info that you have!
Thank you for letting me join!!

Attachments

• F1184BBC-2510-46DE-BEEC-1F587B377359.jpeg
    F1184BBC-2510-46DE-BEEC-1F587B377359.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Soulman

Hey guys!!
Attached is a picture of my terrarium. Tell me everything that I need to know about adding some live plants! I want as much enrichment as possible for my next arachnid child. Substrate, care, easiest plants, should I get some smaller insects to help with waste and what not? Heat lamp for the child? Lamp in general? If so, what kind?
The terrarium is intended for an arboreal spider, specifically a Peruvian Purple Pink Todd tarantula Spam me with whatever info that you have!
Thank you for letting me join!!
Anything you get,or may find.you don't want to add bugs or some chemical.mold ect.some plastic are ok ,but some do have metal in them cap in the plastic.split.May form rust.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Adding a live plant to Avicularia enclosure is not good idea if you dont have great cross ventilation in place.The moisture in the substrate the plant will require to survive will most likely cause suffy enclosure wich is the main reason for Avic deaths.
Regards Konstantin

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is perfect. All my terrariums have plants. Since many years. Never had any problems. Go for it, it looks much better than all those plastic plants. My finding is: As long as the plants are doing good, the spiders are as well.

1586122541203.jpeg

1586122594366.jpeg

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heat lamp no, but I have energy savers on top of each of my terrariums. Don’t give heat but good light for plants...

Soulman

It is perfect. All my terrariums have plants. Since many years. Never had any problems. Go for it, it looks much better than all those plastic plants. My finding is: As long as the plants are doing good, the spiders are as well.

View attachment 44572
View attachment 44573
I never said you shouldn't,just be careful what you add.but not all plants do well under lights and the humidity.so what plants do you think best.

Latest posts