• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Linothele sericata sling rehouse/enclosure

Cnidarianfarmer

20210618_140431.jpg
So I picked this sling up on Wednesday he took a small cricket the next day, he has just been chilling at the top of his web mattress, and because its such a small vial and its speed is like that of a turbocharged pokie, I want to give it a bit bigger of enclosure so he can go hog wild with webbing and it will make it easier to feed/ maintenance with a small risk of him bolting out in the process, Im thinking a large AMAC box approximately 4x6-7", even though its a 1" sling, because they basically build one big massive maze of webbing it wouldn't be difficult to find/ detect food/ keep tabs on it
Also,
I have heard of people not giving their enclosure anything but a little bit of substrate as they claim they dont need anchor points as they will web wall to wall of the enclosure anyway.

I have quite a bit of experience with fossorials, OW, pokies and even Loxosceles but have never kept a true funnel web?

Anyone who has experience with the linothele genus, fallax ? or sericata/ formerly megatheloides?
Would love some insight, TIA !

Mygalomorphic

Personally I give mine a piece of spider wood or at least a slanted cork piece. IMO they settle in faster when they have something to hide under versus being out in the open and building from scratch. Plus I think the wood looks interesting when covered in webbing.

Latest posts