• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US LF Euratoscelus pachypus

TokeHound

Hello, I was wondering if anyone was selling Euratoscelus pachypus slings and roughly how much are they running? Thank you :)

J.huff23

3 Year Member
These are not available in the states. I know of two people in the whole country that have an adult female. There are no males and likely these are not going to be available in the hobby for quite some time if ever.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Eucratoscelus-longiceps-Po****-1898-female-Taita-Taveta-County-Kenya.-Photo-Rick-C.-West-278x202.jpg

Thicc leg baboon... Amirite?

TokeHound

Interesting actually because I just googled this Tarantulas species for sale and found two websites that sell these Tarantulas.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They must be available in the states because a small amount of males that appeared in Europe (extremely rare in Europe also) have recently been sold to American buyers for $1000's of dollars.
I've tried to get hold of males for ourselves but impossible when this kind of buying power is in place.
The search goes on for us but I would imagine that perhaps some slings will appear stateside some point in the bear future.

Metallattorney

Interesting actually because I just googled this Tarantulas species for sale and found two websites that sell these Tarantulas.

I think I know which sites you are referring to and I believe those are just really old listings. About eight years ago they seemed to be fairly plentiful, but the supply has dried up.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They must be available in the states because a small amount of males that appeared in Europe (extremely rare in Europe also) have recently been sold to American buyers for $1000's of dollars.
I've tried to get hold of males for ourselves but impossible when this kind of buying power is in place.
The search goes on for us but I would imagine that perhaps some slings will appear stateside some point in the bear future.
I doubt slings will appear in price lists anywhere even if males indeed made it here. An AF or two is a small possibility, but due to the difficulties many have had breeding E. pachypus, the chances of winning the lottery is more likely than slings becoming available even in the distant future.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I doubt slings will appear in price lists anywhere even if males indeed made it here. An AF or two is a small possibility, but due to the difficulties many have had breeding E. pachypus, the chances of winning the lottery is more likely than slings becoming available even in the distant future.
The lottery is just a tax for the mathematically challenged