• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

l.parahybana Housing

Keymond69

Hi guys, is this an ok set up for my 4 inch l.parahybana , substrate is slightly damp soil ? Is the size of the enclosure okay ?

Attachments

• 59AC95BF-563D-4D0C-955C-5B289F519EC2.jpeg
    59AC95BF-563D-4D0C-955C-5B289F519EC2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • B9840B30-1E13-4A36-A476-EB25360C7CAA.jpeg
    B9840B30-1E13-4A36-A476-EB25360C7CAA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 304C0412-598C-44FA-A7C0-99182058DFDE.jpeg
    304C0412-598C-44FA-A7C0-99182058DFDE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
It looks functional and will do the job.
I stay clear from the half coconut shells as dont give spiders ability to expand the burrow to their liking.Instead the bits of cork tey to find a bigish slab you can use as hide and the T to sit on.Mine loves hanging on top of her cork hide.
Also at that size you can keep it considerably drier.Moist corner will be more than enough.If she gravitate towards that you can go moist 1/3 of the enclosure but there isnt really need for it.I keep mibe mostly dry and add water to bottom layers but overflowing the waterdish now and then.
Regards Konstantin

Keymond69

Hi
It looks functional and will do the job.
I stay clear from the half coconut shells as dont give spiders ability to expand the burrow to their liking.Instead the bits of cork tey to find a bigish slab you can use as hide and the T to sit on.Mine loves hanging on top of her cork hide.
Also at that size you can keep it considerably drier.Moist corner will be more than enough.If she gravitate towards that you can go moist 1/3 of the enclosure but there isnt really need for it.I keep mibe mostly dry and add water to bottom layers but overflowing the waterdish now and then.
Regards Konstantin
Thanks mate I’ll take your advice and do all that ^

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I use a couple of coconut shells & find that those who like to burrow, often use it as a starting point. My female johnicashi does not burrow, but she does split her time between sitting, on, or in, her shell. My seemanni has dug out all of the substrate, not just under her exo terra fake shell, but also along the back of her enclosure & the shell now sits on the enclosures bottom, with a big ridge (pile) of substrate up the front. The seemanni now splits it time between sitting in it's trench, in the open, or less or occasionally, in it's coconut shell, which now sits on the enclosures bottom, at one end of the trench.

The half shell in my hamorii's enclosure was removed as she preferred to sit on her bark.

thail.jpg

Latest posts