• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L Klugi update 8-19

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My juvenile currently has her head in the ground, imitating an ostrich I guess.

The earlier picture shows her walking on the glass in her new enclosure, which I since switched out to a smaller one.

I totally 5000% recommend these guys as first Ts. They eat great, aren't THAT prone to going AWOL and actually make an appearance on occasion.

I have no idea about the urticating hairs because I have zero interest in handling and literally haven't touched the T by hand. Both of us are in good condition.

Attachments

• L Klugi 8-19c.jpg
    L Klugi 8-19c.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 17
  • L Klugi 8-19b.jpg
    L Klugi 8-19b.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 18
  • L  Klugi 8-19a.jpg
    L Klugi 8-19a.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 17
  • L Klugi 1st minute home.jpg
    L Klugi 1st minute home.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 17

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She went totally underground. I had to neaten up the enclosure. Underneath the enclosure on the floor you can see her through the glass.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can confirm that the abdomen is fat and black. The T is totally underground, but still eating about 2-3 times per week, especially when my scorp refuses to eat.

She gets second crack at food after the scorpling refuses it. Usually prey disappears within 12 hours, but lately about 24-36 hours.

I moved the enclosure and got a clear visual, but from the bottom side. Aside from being fat and gray/black fat abdomen, she's looking good.

Is there a chance that she's gonna molt? I got her on August 11 and she had molted recently, if I understand the seller correctly about 2 weeks before that.

How fast do they grow? How often do they molt?

The enclosure is typically 75-82 degrees and water is available at all times. The burrow is closer to the cooler side however, underneath the skull.

If they actually grow that fast--astounding!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really want one of these gals!

Elias Insen sold me mine. He's reviewed under vendors elsewhere in this forum. I totally recommend him.

So far, the Klugi had been a perfect T, does everything is supposed to including eating very very well.

The other 2 lasiodoras namely L. difficilis and L. para. are easier to find.

Latest posts