• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L.Klugi Breeding Help!!!

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Good evening all

I im new new to the whole breeding thing.

I have been keeping T's for 5 years now and think its time to take the hobbie to the next step.

I have a mature male in his ultimate molt L.Klugi.

Then i have a female which im not to sure if she is mature yet.

Any tips on this matter and my first time breedi g attempt

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Hi, welcome to the forum. How big is your female? Given that this species can reach 10" legspan, i wouldnt attempt to breed her until she is at least 7" legspan. A general rule is that females will be sexually mature at approx 75% of their adult size, although this isnt set in stone. When did she last molt? Examine her molt to see if her spermatheca are present.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
I have measured her p roperly yet but she is about 17 cm (6.69inches)in legspan this was a very rough measurement.She moulted about 6-8 months ago.should i wait for ger next moult?and will my male last long enough?

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Yes i would wait until the next molt, chances are if you pair her now she will molt before she will lay an egg sac. You could always try now though, sometimes pairing them late in a females molt cycle will bring her next molt forward.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Is there any way to speed up the molting or is extra heat and humidity the only way

Redacted

3 Year Member
I'd try to pair them now. If she molts out, all the quicker to next attempt. Offer food to the male.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Many thanks ill try mating them during the week i have just moved them into better enclosures which would help make the several attempts easier

Casperroux

3 Year Member
c89f9f9efe3aeda0f6d05b400996b251.jpg

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Thats my female going to try mate them tomorrow and see if it as johnny suggested

Casperroux

3 Year Member
I have been feeding her big roaches 1 a day so hopefully she doesn't eat the male

Redacted

3 Year Member
Good luck. Among the Lasiodora, I've only bred L. parahybana. Actual act of mating was fast as was his retreat.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Ok so i dont know if i was a bit paranoid..he didnt drum or anything when he moved closer to her..which i think she was trying to eat him because she does have a little temper on her..i have a short video if you guys would want to see..

Latest posts