• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping Slings in Cabinet Greenhouse

Green2341

Hi!

I have a cabinet greenhouse that is a mostly automated environment and holds humidity at 67%-75% (can raise this higher, but haven’t fussed with the weather stripping) with a temperature at 83°. I was wondering if I could keep slings in that? My only drawback is the grow lights, cause they are quite bright. I could place them on the low light shelf under my tall plants, but it would still be a general 12-14 hours of light a day.

Several fans run 24/7 and I have never had an issue with mold. Even in my high humidity “domes” (aka a plastic container with a lid lol), it is never an issue with the air circulation. This cabinet holds some jewel orchids that are finicky with air stagnation and mold, but they’re doing great!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think it could work and slings will grow quickly in that environment if fed routinely

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Please send us pictures of the setup once you have placed the slings. Thank you.

Green2341

I haven’t placed the slings yet, as I’m adjusting them to the temp outside of the cabinet. This is what it looks like tho!

Attachments

• 67295806-910C-43D2-B968-B38816C47856.jpeg
    67295806-910C-43D2-B968-B38816C47856.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Rather than turn off the lights altogether, perhaps some kind of covering for the individual sling enclosures would work, but allowing for air movement. I myself just started using aquarium plant lights but dim them, while leaving them somewhat bright in early afternoon. I recently saw a video of G. rosea in the wild and males and females were out and about to some degree. My Ts still come out with the lights on, but largely at night. I got the lights to try to grow plants and eventually a bio enclosure, but my succulent died. Overwatering maybe.

Latest posts