• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping different roach species together

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I want to ask for your opinions

I've kept both red runner and lobster roaches but never at the same time. Since some of my tarantulas may seem to prefer different species of feeders (they think this is a restaurant or something), I don't want to have too many containers so I want to know if you think I can have these two species on the same space and your experience with this

Thank you!

Gizalba

3 Year Member
'they think this is a restaurant' made me laugh :p

I don't have that much experience with roaches so I hope someone else can advise. Never heard of lobster roaches but since my hisser roaches had tons of babies I have been keeping lots of them with my dubia roaches for quite a few months now and they seem fine/the dubias are still breeding. Some hisser babies also escaped and chose to move in with my headlight roaches lol, so I have left them there and the headlights also have been breeding regardless.

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
'they think this is a restaurant' made me laugh :p

I don't have that much experience with roaches so I hope someone else can advise. Never heard of lobster roaches but since my hisser roaches had tons of babies I have been keeping lots of them with my dubia roaches for quite a few months now and they seem fine/the dubias are still breeding. Some hisser babies also escaped and chose to move in with my headlight roaches lol, so I have left them there and the headlights also have been breeding regardless.

Haha it seems that roaches develop well with other species. I've never had the chance to have babies but the last 2 that I bought came with some so I hope they grow and I may be able to stop buying for a while.

Thank you for your comment :D

tarantula ramblings

I have not done it myself but you can't keep dubia with red runners .
I think the dubia eat the red runner egg cases .
Maybe live bearing sp are ok together .

Latest posts