• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping crickets….

ryanm7277

So I had ordered 250 pinhead crickets, not thinking, realizing or know how many I actually needed or what size, I have now order adult crickets, is it bad to house them together? Will the big ones eat the pinheads ones? Will the pinheads ever get to adult size? I have two extra large critter keepers, half roughly or the pinheads in each and just got 60 large should I give them their own home? I also have a smaller cricket keeper I could throw the large ones in giving them their own home if necessary.

Jangmi

So I had ordered 250 pinhead crickets, not thinking, realizing or know how many I actually needed or what size, I have now order adult crickets, is it bad to house them together? Will the big ones eat the pinheads ones? Will the pinheads ever get to adult size? I have two extra large critter keepers, half roughly or the pinheads in each and just got 60 large should I give them their own home? I also have a smaller cricket keeper I could throw the large ones in giving them their own home if necessary.
I would keep them separate. An extra container is not expensive (I actually used a food storage box, I made holes in it for air exchange) and it will not take that much space. I think they will grow. Now and again I was finding a white one, freshly molted?