• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile Tliltocatl albopilosus behaviour

Nito99

Hopefully ive posted this in the correct section, my ts behaviour has got me quite concerned i got he/she a few days ago now and she has barely moved, i did manage to get her to eat some diced up mealworm but other than that she's prodominantly still the temp stays between 20c and 23.5c and based of my research everything else in the enclosure is suitable for her species yet her stillness leads me to believe that maybe shes uncomfortable? Or maybe shes just taking quite some time to climatise to her new environment? Ill include some pics of both her and the enclosure incase theres anything im doing wrong that can be pointed out, other than that i believe the only relevant info i need to include is the humidity, ive stuck to just humidifying one corner of the enclosure once a day so she has the choice to go to that corner for a moist environment or to go elsewhere for a more arid one, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks .

Attachments

• 20220308_115212.jpg
    20220308_115212.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220308_115451.jpg
    20220308_115451.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220308_115304.jpg
    20220308_115304.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 16

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Everything looks OK except too much moisture in the substrate and on the glass. Water once a week or even every other week. Spraying is a waste of time. Water so only the bottom substrate stays moist and the top is dry. This spider loves dry substrate.

Nito99

Everything looks OK except too much moisture in the substrate and on the glass. Water once a week or even every other week. Spraying is a waste of time. Water so only the bottom substrate stays moist and the top is dry. This spider loves dry substrate.
I guess ill have to wait for the sub to dry out will stop spraying one corner and instead just overflow the water dish every week or so, thanks for the information man.