• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile pink toe refuses to eat

Jess Zimny

Hello! I'm starting to get worried because my juvenile pink toe is no longer eating. I have no idea the age, but I've had it for almost 5 months now. It just freshly molted four days ago with no visible problems. It eats medium crickets right now. Normally, I wouldn't be worried too much, but the last time it molted, it was hungry, and immediately ate after molting, and still wanted more afterwards. This time it's still refusing and flinching away from the crickets. It hasn't eaten for about 15 days now. I know they can last a while, but this isn't normal behavior compared to the first time, and it's abdomen is very small. Sorry the pictures aren't great. I don't think trying a different meal would work either, because it immediately flinches when touched. I'll take any tips, thanks!

Attachments

• 20220526_232128.jpg
    20220526_232128.jpg
    941.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220526_232322.jpg
    20220526_232322.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Soft fangs, probably. It can take 1-2 weeks for a tarantula's fangs to harden after molting. Try feeding in 10 days, or when the fangs appear dark in color. Keep providing water.

Welcome to the forum

Latest posts