• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just some questions

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know you are in the US but I do know we have well respected sellers on here such as @Casey K. - depends what exactly you are looking for but I'm sure she can help :)
Handling is a big no as far as I and many other members on here go, tarantulas don't understand whats going on and causes unnecessary stress on them their eyesight is poor and they work on vibration they gain nothing from being handled
They can also bite you and run the risk of being dropped or falling - even dropping a short distance is enough to kill your tarantula so why risk it? Observational pets only in my opinion

Reptisect

3 Year Member
I am going to be looking for a new tarantula soon, is there somewhere where everybody here buys them from?

Also as a side question, how many of you regularly handle your tarantulas?
handling should be avoided but some times the tarantula gives you no choice... (flash back of when my suntiger sling ran up my arm)