• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just Put Together My C. Vericolor Sling Enclosure

Isilwen

3 Year Member
How does it look? Do I need to remove anything? Waterbowl okay?

Kinda feel bad since it just started to really web up the little thing it was in.

129245432_10158869514468048_8625223220553590801_o.jpg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi,
Everything looks great!
If you do not mind me asking, how big is your sling? This nice enclosure looks like it is more sized for a juvenile, prior to his final enclosure. If you have a small sling under 1 inch I would recommend to keep it in a smaller tube until he grows up a little more.
Enjoy your new baby, cheers.

Isilwen

3 Year Member
Hi,
Everything looks great!
If you do not mind me asking, how big is your sling? This nice enclosure looks like it is more sized for a juvenile, prior to his final enclosure. If you have a small sling under 1 inch I would recommend to keep it in a smaller tube until he grows up a little more.
Enjoy your new baby, cheers.

It is under one inch for sure. I was told on these forums that I can upgrade to the enclosure in the pictures would be fine as the smaller tube that it is in now doesn't have any cross ventilation. I don't really have a way to add ventilation to the tube that it is in now.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is under one inch for sure. I was told on these forums that I can upgrade to the enclosure in the pictures would be fine as the smaller tube that it is in now doesn't have any cross ventilation. I don't really have a way to add ventilation to the tube that it is in now.
I am sure it will be fine. If not you can look for a medicine tube like this one. With a very small drill bit you can drill a few hole on top as well as on both sides for cross ventilation. If you do not have a small drill bit, a small nail held with pliers and heated up with a lighter would allow you to make small holes as well.
image.jpg
image.jpg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome enclosure for an adult!!!! A luxury chateau!! For a sling, since you live in the States, consider a cheap arboreal sling enclosure (amic box), sold by Jamie at Jamie's Tarantulas.

Isilwen

3 Year Member
Awesome enclosure for an adult!!!! A luxury chateau!! For a sling, since you live in the States, consider a cheap arboreal sling enclosure (amic box), sold by Jamie at Jamie's Tarantulas.
See, this is what's confusing. This enclosure isn't an adult size enclosure. I was told that my sling will be fine in it for about a year and then will need something bigger. This is only 7.8 inches high, by 4.7 inches wide and long. I was told on here that it would be fine.

Anyway, it already in it and not sure it would be good to move it once more right now.

My OP is more looking for if it is setup okay with plants, the water bowl and corkwood. Not so much is the enclosure right for it.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
See, this is what's confusing. This enclosure isn't an adult size enclosure. I was told that my sling will be fine in it for about a year and then will need something bigger. This is only 7.8 inches high, by 4.7 inches wide and long. I was told on here that it would be fine.

Anyway, it already in it and not sure it would be good to move it once more right now.

My OP is more looking for if it is setup okay with plants, the water bowl and corkwood. Not so much is the enclosure right for it.
If it is indeed that small, then you will be fine--my bad.

Latest posts