1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got back from Hamburg Reptile show.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Photos and Videos' started by Floodmeister, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Floodmeister

Floodmeister New Member

I picked up several T's that I've had on my want list and one I told myself I wasn't going to get just yet. First booth I checked out was Net-bug. I saw a few I wanted until one name caught my attention. Euathlus sp Red. I immediately purchased the incredibly small sling as I didn't know when I would see another one. Decided I wanted to check out some of the other vendors before purchasing more. I mean I literally just got in the door. So after walking away, looking at some of the other vendors, I realized Net-bug's selection and prices were to good to pass up. I went back and picked up a L. parahybana sling and a A. geniculata sling. After walking around some more I came across another vendor which I cannot remember the name of and saw some really small
    Hapalopus sp Colombia slings. Decided to think about it as I like dwarf species. But just to the left of those were some P. murinus slings. I said no to myself. Decided to walk around some more. But as I kept walking around I kept thinking how I've really wanted one. I decided I knew the risks, I understood what I was about to get myself into, and while I didn't exactly feel I was ready, I didn't feel I was unprepared, I've done my research. I took the plunge. My first OW is P. murinus sling. Decided to try my new macro lens for my smartphone since whenever I tried to take a picture it would never focus. Was quite impressed how well they came out for a macro lens that clips on.

Euathlus sp Red - "Marceline"
    IMG_20180224_155537348_HDR.jpg

Lasiodora parahybana - "Peanut"
    IMG_20180224_155426099_HDR.jpg
    Acanthoscurria geniculata - "Bacon"
    IMG_20180224_155452736.jpg
    Hapalopus sp Colombia - "Pumpkin"
    IMG_20180224_155627354_HDR.jpg
    Pterinochilus murinus - "Butternut"
    IMG_20180224_151225165.jpg
    Dave Jay, PanzoN88 and Enn49 like this.
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Congrats on the new Ts, a great bunch. Remember you'll need bags of patience for the sp, red and you'll find the OBT is not really that scary as long as you're aware of their reputation.
  3. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Well-Known Member

You made a great choice by getting an E. Sp. red. They are very easy to care for (I have an adult pair). Enn is right about the growth rate, while I don't have E. Sp. red slings (yet, insertion pending), I do have three E. Sp. yellow slings (which are similar) that I bought almost a year ago and they are very slow growing. Regardless, E. Sp. red are amazing. They are not the greatest eaters either. Prekilled crickets will take care of that.
  4. Dave Jay

Dave Jay Well-Known Member

It sounds like you had a great day! I love the variety in the slings you bought, what a great bunch!
  5. AncientExotics

AncientExotics New Member

Looks like you had a fun day. Congrats on your new additions. I look forward to watching the Euthalus sp. Red grow up.
Draft saved Draft deleted