• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just for fun

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
7E6B8F4D-32FC-4F21-9B8C-B49DFC5A8DB4.jpeg

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I almost ordered my sling from them until I came across some posts saying to avoid this BackwaterReptiles like the plague, so I went with FearNotTarantulas, who I had a great buying experience. Now that I have been doing some laps around the message boards and Tarantula forums, It appears that a lot of people say to stay away from them, but no one posts exactly why (I'm sure that "where there's smoke, there's fire" applies here). I was wondering if anyone here can relate a story about their own bad experience with these guys. I'm assuming that dead T's arrived and Backwater wasn't very helpful in resolving the issue. Just wondering how bad these guys really are.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I almost ordered my sling from them until I came across some posts saying to avoid this BackwaterReptiles like the plague, so I went with FearNotTarantulas, who I had a great buying experience. Now that I have been doing some laps around the message boards and Tarantula forums, It appears that a lot of people say to stay away from them, but no one posts exactly why (I'm sure that "where there's smoke, there's fire" applies here). I was wondering if anyone here can relate a story about their own bad experience with these guys. I'm assuming that dead T's arrived and Backwater wasn't very helpful in resolving the issue. Just wondering how bad these guys really are.
There is one thing that gets overlooked. They are drop shippers in other words, they don't even have the animals they are selling. Check other non tarantula forums, there are many more bad reviews to be read.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
People have been sold miss ided Animals, animals that were sick, etc. sometime people will get lucky and dodge a bullet and everything will go smooth. But even googing reviews its more bad then good experiences.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
People have been sold miss ided Animals, animals that were sick, etc. sometime people will get lucky and dodge a bullet and everything will go smooth. But even googing reviews its more bad then good experiences.
After finding out from PanaoN88's post about them being drop-shippers and not even being the source of the animals, it doesn't surprise me any... I am so glad I stood away from them!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
( BackwaterReptiles.) Sometimes people will get lucky and dodge a bullet and everything will go smooth.

I once gave an ebay seller, not only some really positive feed back, but also sent them an email to say thank you & how much I had appreciated their great customer service. And it was not because it was all good. It was because something went wrong & they dealt with it really well.
We normally only find out how good a business is when something goes wrong. But sadly with some sellers (& for that matter customers,) the standards are too well known & sadly it's for all the wrong reasons.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Just for fun... Skip to 1:10 for a hilarious “poem” lol

British humour at it's best! What's yours called ? Lol

I dunno how you trawl YouTube and find all these funny clips, but you should do it for a living. Alex Zane on Rude Tube has made a career out of it so why not you lol

Latest posts