• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just another brick in the wall

BecabooWho

Lasiodora Parahybana relocates to fabulous news home on Exo Terra Lane and immediately begins renovations.

At first he can’t tell a green field from a cold steel rail. Running over the same old ground, he finally found… the backdrop to destroy.

Anyone else had their T destroy the foam background and use it as building material?
95A95BDA-01BB-4E51-98B5-368F7CF633A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 1601F668-E251-4FE1-8102-6054CB596F6F.jpeg
    1601F668-E251-4FE1-8102-6054CB596F6F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have always removed those foam backings from ExoTerras after losing an adult P.vittata died after getting stuck in a moult behind one. She discovered that she could get behind it through a hole that had been made after a cricket had hidden behind it

BecabooWho

I have always removed those foam backings from ExoTerras after losing an adult P.vittata died after getting stuck in a moult behind one. She discovered that she could get behind it through a hole that had been made after a cricket had hidden behind it
Oh my gosh that never occurred to me! I’m sorry that happened to you. You’re right, good idea to remove it.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Ditto. I have always removed them also. Just the thought of feeders getting stuck and dying behind it and creating a rotting issue. I have seen where people shave the back smooth, smear silicone and then substrate on the front to make it look more natural, and then siliconing it to the enclosure so that no one can get behind it.

I love some of these custom backgrounds but if you have a T that chews, at some point there will be an issue....it's inevitable :(

Just my $.02 ;)

Latest posts