• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a quick question for tips!!!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
My Rose Hair T is about...4.5 inches...and a pretty aggressive one. Like she has zero fear. I am trying to move her out of her tank and into a critter keeper so I can raise her substrate high/clean/prepare for i think an upcoming molt...How can I do this the easiest way without her attacking, or more importantly flicking out any hairs? She is already being defensive...Shes 100% prepared to do either I can tell...But I really need to get to her tank without her in it. Everytime we try to coerce her into walking into the critter keeper tho, she turns to attack, and she flipped around, almost like, "yeah get closer im gonna flick a hair in yer eye" lol. ANY tips, on how to do this without stressing her out would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want her stressed is my main concern, and she is. Thanks!!! I am a worry-wort momma. :p

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
new Neith12.jpg
Lol, there she is saying Hello. This is before...I highly need to raise her substrate as she wants to be a climber, and I don't want an accident. But shes an attacker...I love her spirit...but...well...its a pain in the butt right now.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Wow looks like our Rosie's are the exact same, when I first got her she charged at me every time with my tweezers, but I sort of rescued her from petsmart she was in poor condition, now if I brush up against her or need her to move she still comes at me fast but she doesn't bare her fangs and she has never flicked hairs. I know for a fact mine was not captive bred but I still love her haha :D:D She is just a fearless girl but a pretty one.

I agree with Kenny that is the best way, and thats what I do with mine, its better than pricking and poking her around to get her to go where you want-this will agitate her and stress her out more, always use a big deli cup or something similar with the more spirited T's haha. Glad you moved her with no problems!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Wow looks like our Rosie's are the exact same, when I first got her she charged at me every time with my tweezers, but I sort of rescued her from petsmart she was in poor condition, now if I brush up against her or need her to move she still comes at me fast but she doesn't bare her fangs and she has never flicked hairs. I know for a fact mine was not captive bred but I still love her haha :D:D She is just a fearless girl but a pretty one.

I agree with Kenny that is the best way, and thats what I do with mine, its better than pricking and poking her around to get her to go where you want-this will agitate her and stress her out more, always use a big deli cup or something similar with the more spirited T's haha. Glad you moved her with no problems!

haha, yeah, my Rosie only charged me once. No fang baring. What I did was, I set the critter keeper inside so she could just walk into it, and very lightly just sorta poked at her bum once and she calmly walked into it. But yes, The deli cup sounds a lot less stressful. I will def. use that method from now on. :D

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
That is a good method as well. lol and I know if I am outside with my dogs, I go spider hunting and just love to catch them and just watch them lol I have one right outside my bedroom window, its a HUGE web and the spider is big himself I will have to take a pic!

Latest posts