• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

meganlouised

Hi everyone,
I just got my first Jumping spider, a female P.Bidentatus. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me as the breeder I got her from told me to keep her in an arid set up and also sold me the set up. She’s on sand at the moment and I was told her species likes little to no humidity so I am just misting one wall for her to drink from. Has anyone got P.Bidentatus as I can’t find much info about them only P.Regius!
thanks!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everyone,
I just got my first Jumping spider, a female P.Bidentatus. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me as the breeder I got her from told me to keep her in an arid set up and also sold me the set up. She’s on sand at the moment and I was told her species likes little to no humidity so I am just misting one wall for her to drink from. Has anyone got P.Bidentatus as I can’t find much info about them only P.Regius!
thanks!
Congrats on the jumping spider. they
are super cute. I have only ever had a regal but suspect care would be the same. Lots of branches and anchor points for them to climb on and jump across. They are really good hunters (good eyesight for a spider) and they are usually not afraid to take on prey bigger than they are but generally only try to feed prey that is roughly the size of the abdomen so for an adult jumper, that will be small to medium small crickets. If a younger spider, micro crickets may be needed. Open water dish and that should be it really, good to go. :)

E

ExMember

Can't speak to that species but I do keep jumpers (P regius). I keep them on dry sub with some styrofoam "beams" for them to hang out on and web. I mist a side of their pill jar every 2 days for drinking water and feed 1-2 times per week (flightless fruit flies). They are still pretty small. My only issue is if I give them too much food their enclosures get kinda gross with prey webbed up everywhere. But I guess thats ok as they will feed on the carcasses. I think that's the case anyway :)