• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jumping spider egg sac, fertile or infertile?

Shannxo

Hi! I'm new to this forum and was hoping for a little help, I bought an adult female jumping spider from the spider shop.co.uk on the 16th of may 2019 (called luna) on Tuesday i noticed that her abdomen was really big and she'd started making a nest, the next day when I checked she'd laid eggs, when I bought her they did say their was a chance that she'd mated and I know they can store fertilisation but with it being so long im thinking are they infertile? She also isn't guarding the eggs and i know they usually do? Thanks in advance, my first time dealing with eggs x

Shannxo

Thankyou for the reply! Will take a look at that link now x
Hi ive just had a look, suppose its deffinatley a possibility then, im just so confused because its been so long since I got her and she just doesn't seem interested in the eggs at all x

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's is quite a long time, I've just realised you got her last year not this. The chances are that it may well be an infertile sac in that case.