• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jessica is not a slow grower

Noodlelove

Lasiodorides polycuspulatus sling Jessica is growing quickly. Her water dish is about 1 in across and she's about as white across as it is. She recently molted and I cannot believe how much she's grown in about 6 weeks I feed her a couple times a week and she is growing like a weed. Not a slow growing species according to this little girl. I really enjoy seeing her getting bigger. She's super cute. My slings are fed bugs and flies I find in the backyard and I have plenty of them near the chicken coop. Are chickens are free range and eat nothing but organic feed so it's a very healthy source of feed.

Attachments

• PXL_20211214_233033645.jpg
    PXL_20211214_233033645.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20211214_233021188.jpg
    PXL_20211214_233021188.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You may want to stop feeding your slings wild insects. You don't know what they have actually ate or been introduced to that could harm or poison your spiders. Ive seen many instances here in the many forums of tarantulas poisoned or have died from the result if feeding wild insects.

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Lasiodorides polycuspulatus sling Jessica is growing quickly. Her water dish is about 1 in across and she's about as white across as it is. She recently molted and I cannot believe how much she's grown in about 6 weeks I feed her a couple times a week and she is growing like a weed. Not a slow growing species according to this little girl. I really enjoy seeing her getting bigger. She's super cute. My slings are fed bugs and flies I find in the backyard and I have plenty of them near the chicken coop. Are chickens are free range and eat nothing but organic feed so it's a very healthy source of feed.
I was under the impression that this species was slow growing. It seems that Jessica has proved me wrong fare and square!

Latest posts