• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jamie’s Arboreal enclosures

timc

3 Year Member
I’ve heard of Ts chewing through mesh before but never one of Jamie’s. I guess it’s a certain kind of mesh they can get through. But right now nearly all of my slings are in similar enclosures with similar mesh and I haven’t had any issues. I’m actually considering ordering a couple of Jamie’s myself, as hopefully by the end of summer I’ll have 3 arboreals ready for new homes.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a N. Chromatus that chewed through a round wire mesh insert-- but it wasn't a Jamie's enclosure. In general, you can trust her. She breeds and maintains all of her stock in her enclosures.
BTW:. Isn't it interesting that in the States, many of the reputable breeders are women:. Tanya at Fear Not, Anastasia at net-bug, and of course....our own Casey!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes they can.... but usually not. Every once in a while you get one spider that wants to be free. Ive had P. ornata, regalis and Avicularia pinktoes escape. This photo is from a Avicularia avicularia pinktoe (Jamie's enclosure)
20180325_094045.jpg

Jeremy-psychonaut

I’ve heard of Ts chewing through mesh before but never one of Jamie’s. I guess it’s a certain kind of mesh they can get through. But right now nearly all of my slings are in similar enclosures with similar mesh and I haven’t had any issues. I’m actually considering ordering a couple of Jamie’s myself, as hopefully by the end of summer I’ll have 3 arboreals ready for new homes.
I’m waiting on 3 right now
Yes they can.... but usually not. Every once in a while you get one spider that wants to be free. Ive had P. ornata, regalis and Avicularia pinktoes escape. This photo is from a Avicularia avicularia pinktoe (Jamie's enclosure)View attachment 48092
looks like I’ll be modifying my enclosures thanks for showing this to me hopefully now I’ll avoid an escape

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Jumping on this to second on how amazing Anastasia is.
She provided us with my son's first T and we got quite a few more from her as time went by.
Both her and her husband have always been very kind to us and we always look forward to seeing them at our local reptiles expos.