• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I've fallen in love! Chilean Rose..

G-Johnson

3 Year Member
Hey guys, brand new to the site, brand new to tarantulas :)
Myself and my partner got ourselves a Chilean Rose (Grammostola Rosea) yesterday and we have fallen in love already, up until yesterday I was convinced I had a spider phobia and wouldn't even go near a garden spider lol.
(I swore to my partner I would move out if he bought one home, and he did.. I'm still here and I love her!)

I'm presuming she is a female, although the pet store we got her from was unsure and suggested taking her molt down for them to inspect when she does eventually molt, although we've done some research and from what we've gathered I'm 75% sure she is a female. If I post some photos later, I would appreciate it if someone could give us some help?

I'll also post some photos of her setup so you can all be nosey :p

Any other advice would be appreciated too.. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi. It's very easy to fall in love with them. The same happened to me with a little B. albopilosum that I got free, I now have 3 of them.

Btw. I still don't like house spiders but I have 29 Ts

G-Johnson

3 Year Member
29 T's? Wow, I'm already considering what T I'd like next, never thought I'd have much interest in them to be honest, I have bearded dragons and thought they were fascinating enough lol..

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
Welcome, after a month or so you'll be really wanting another I'm sure. I settled with a Chilean rose (my first T) for a long time, once I saw people like RobCs collection I had to get more.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
29 T's? Wow, I'm already considering what T I'd like next, never thought I'd have much interest in them to be honest, I have bearded dragons and thought they were fascinating enough lol..

The problem is buying online you think you may as well get a few at once as it's the same shipping cost, then you get the odd freebies and before you know it you hitting 30. My son had a beardie for many years that was addicted to the Simpsons but I'm more fond of snakes.