• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's the waiting that's killing me!

timc

3 Year Member
I placed an order with Pet Center USA this afternoon after finding not a single bad review about them. I spoke with Paul and he was very nice and accommodating, and I'm very excited to have ordered with him. The only thing is I'm not off from work until Thursday, which wasn't a problem with the order, but now it's just going to be a long week waiting for my new little ones to arrive. I know good things are supposed to come to those who wait... but can't I just wake up on Thursday already?!? Anyhow the new additions will be
Avicularia sp. Peru Purple
Avicularia diversipes
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma Emilia
And, for free,
Grammostola pulchripes
Of course I've been doing research on all of theses but any tips, anecdotes, experiences or anything else would be more than appreciated. Also, is anyone else doing any ordering? The weather has finally broken here in the north east and it's finally spider weather!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
did you ask him to delay shipping? or do the 2-3 day? typically they start shipping Monday and ship overnight for LAG.

Congrats on the new arrivals :D

timc

3 Year Member
did you ask him to delay shipping? or do the 2-3 day? typically they start shipping Monday and ship overnight for LAG.

Congrats on the new arrivals :D
yes I did the over night shipping and Paul said it was no problem to send out on Wednesday. I would never do 2-3 day shipping with a live animal.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They say patience is a virtue :D. The long wait can certainly be a nightmare but just think of the pleasure of unpacking them when they do arrive.

syzygy

3 Year Member
Ha...I know what you're going through. I intended to place an order with Anastasia Wednesday AM, but things got crazy at work and I didn't get to place it until 3pm (4pm her time). Like most places, she only ships live goods M-W and I knew when I placed the order that I'd missed the window, but she actually called me to apologize for not being able to get them out that same day....so nice! It worked out though...it would have been a push for me to get all the enclosures set-up and now I have the weekend to prepare for "Tarantula Tuesday".

FWIW, I ordered from Paul (for the first time) four weeks ago and everything went perfectly. You won't be disappointed.

timc

3 Year Member
Ha...I know what you're going through. I intended to place an order with Anastasia Wednesday AM, but things got crazy at work and I didn't get to place it until 3pm (4pm her time). Like most places, she only ships live goods M-W and I knew when I placed the order that I'd missed the window, but she actually called me to apologize for not being able to get them out that same day....so nice! It worked out though...it would have been a push for me to get all the enclosures set-up and now I have the weekend to prepare for "Tarantula Tuesday".

FWIW, I ordered from Paul (for the first time) four weeks ago and everything went perfectly. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks! I read dozens of reviews about Paul and how excellent he was so it was easy to choose and trust him. I actually met Anastasia last summer at the Hamburg reptile show and I can't find enough good things to say about her. I think it should suffice to say 6 of my 7 Ts are from her and all are happy and healthy, if not a little feisty ;) It was easy to tell just by meeting her she really cares and wants both pet and owner to thrive. Have fun on Tarantula Tuesday!

NatashaG

3 Year Member
I had this problem when I first ordered my T (a B.Smithi) and had to do so in advance and ended up waiting a few weeks. By the time he arrived I was delirious.

syzygy

3 Year Member
It's finally Thursday! Let us know how the unboxing and housing goes for your new additions.

timc

3 Year Member
Yes it finally is Thursday! According to the tracking it's in transit and should be here within the hour! I feel like I'm about to burst with anticipation! Thanks for asking and I most certainly will post when everyone is in their new homes! I'll also post pictures if I can finally figure out how o_O

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
It's always exciting waiting for a new package of Tarantulas! All of those species are great choices. I don't have any special tips on any of them, it's pretty straight forward care. just makes sure you have plenty of cross ventilation with the Avics!

timc

3 Year Member
Well everyone is here safe and sound a man are these little ones cute! The unpacking went super smooth (much smoother than I expected). No one tried to get away, however the diversipes did a quick lap around the enclosure, to get decorating ideas I suppose. Everyone else went to the nearest hide they could find. These guys are teeny tiny and I can't wait to watch them grow up! The brachys and grammy are just little brown specks that look naked, the diversipes is bright green and is still exploring his new home and the Peru purple is all fuzzy and made itself a little web hide already. What an exciting day! I wish I knew how to post pictures!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats!!

I just placed my order, so now i'm in the waiting game. Have to make sure I have enough enclosures now ;) might need to make an express trip to the lps for a KK.

timc

3 Year Member
Also, a little update: I offered everyone a nice meaty cricket leg (because my lps hasn't ordered pinheads in months but that's another story) and the diversipes built himself a nice little hammock right on top of it, just so I can't get it out. What a little jerk. I think I'm going to like this guy. ;)

timc

3 Year Member
Nhandu colorvitolosus (i probably butchered the spelling on that) and a Lasiodora itabunae both 1/2" slings.
Rad choices. I love the colorvitolosus (used your spelling because I would do worse) that's actually the one my girlfriend wants me to get next because she likes them big fat and hairy (zing!) but I'm trying to reverse psychology her into getting it for herself so it doesn't count towards my limit. Thus far my evil plan is not working.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well everyone is here safe and sound a man are these little ones cute! The unpacking went super smooth (much smoother than I expected). No one tried to get away, however the diversipes did a quick lap around the enclosure, to get decorating ideas I suppose. Everyone else went to the nearest hide they could find. These guys are teeny tiny and I can't wait to watch them grow up! The brachys and grammy are just little brown specks that look naked, the diversipes is bright green and is still exploring his new home and the Peru purple is all fuzzy and made itself a little web hide already. What an exciting day! I wish I knew how to post pictures!
Just go the gallery section and follow the links for add media. If your pics are on the same device you use for the forum, should be able to find the pics from your fkle/gallery. Give it a try as we love to see pics. I have a diversepes and they are cute as a button, as are the versi. You will love watching them grow. I do ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also, a little update: I offered everyone a nice meaty cricket leg (because my lps hasn't ordered pinheads in months but that's another story) and the diversipes built himself a nice little hammock right on top of it, just so I can't get it out. What a little jerk. I think I'm going to like this guy. ;)
They do that. Mine is in a screw top and so the web gets twisted everytime I open. I think mine eventually got he message and webbed further down. Just molted the other day too so will hopefully get some fresh pics of the little un.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rad choices. I love the colorvitolosus (used your spelling because I would do worse) that's actually the one my girlfriend wants me to get next because she likes them big fat and hairy (zing!) but I'm trying to reverse psychology her into getting it for herself so it doesn't count towards my limit. Thus far my evil plan is not working.
Surprise her with a gift. Wrapped in sweet words of how much you wanted her to be a part of something you enjoy. ie :'here baby, your the most important thing in my world so I got you this. I wanted to share everything I enjoy with you' Add a loving hug and kiss for garnish. Problem solved ^.~

Latest posts