• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It’s always the gentile ones….

ryanm7277

The one T I bought based on docile temperament….dropped a cricket in its enclosure…..Dayhum can he move, that’s cricket was in ther for maybe 10s lol….so fng cool. My 2 curly hair are either in premolt or just really don’t give f bout no crickets….lol

Salatia

My curly hair has had me convinced it was dead twice now. The first time it moulted in such a way that the moult was left mouth agape at the bottom of the burrow - where I could see. It was only by chance I shone the light just right and saw a butt blocking the route upwards. More recently, that window into the burrow disappeared, and there was no sign of anything around the burrow entrances. Several others molted - still nothing. Little sod was sat by the bowl earlier like no time at all had passed.

I'm wondering if the way my feed timings have worked maybe they're not having 'enough' time hungry. They've never looked 'big' in the way some of my slings have - and some of those guys will sit in their spot for food without fail. But I do tend to feed them when they're out because I think I've seen them all of three times since getting them in May. I might try not doing so when I next see them out and about and do so on the next round, just to see.

Blackdog

Crickets are too stinky for me I use re runners to pump up the prey drive! If you think they are fast then wait for your T to teleport and get one!

Latest posts