• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Isopods and Tarantulas

MygaloMofo

What are the best Isopods to keep with tarantulas ? And springtails as well? I’m working on a bio active enclosure and I’d like to know what are the best options when it comes to clean up crew. Thanks !

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What are the best Isopods to keep with tarantulas ? And springtails as well? I’m working on a bio active enclosure and I’d like to know what are the best options when it comes to clean up crew. Thanks !
Springtails are a brilliant clean up crew in bioactive enclosures.. You don't need many as they multiply quickly so once established take care that they don't get out of hand.. They die off in dryer conditions -
Woodlice (pill bugs I believe you call them in the US) are another good option.. Sometimes the Ts eat them though as a snack :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay thanks for the tip :) any specific species of isopods or springtails that you would recommend?
Springtails only come in one variety - as for the isopods it's up to you depending on what you prefer the look of there's so many available from tropical grey /orange to even dairy cow varieties.. Have a look at what's for sale they all do the same job at the end of the day xx

Latest posts