• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US ISO Male D. fasciatus

owax

3 Year Member
ISO penultimate (or close to it) male D. fasciatus.
MM ok if he is very fresh and making sperm webs

Thanks!

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
As far as I have found the recent paper by Ray Gabriel shows this Davus fasciatus has never been in the hobby. It also has Cyclosternum fasciatus and Cyclosternum pentaloris as synonyms of D. pentaloris. There are some decent pictures and drawings of the D. fasciatus in it as well. D. fasciatus has a near black carapace and is smaller than the others. It also describes the 4 different local/abdomen patterns of D. pentaloris
All current specimens in the hobby according to this revision are forms of D. pentaloris
this is the paper to search for;
Revised taxonomic placement of the species in
the Central American genera Davus O. Pickard-
Cambridge, 1892, Metriopelma Becker, 1878, and
Schizopelma F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897, with
comments on species in related genera (Araneae:
Theraphosidae)

owax

3 Year Member
Thanks for the info Steve :)
The breeder I purchased from had them marked as such, so I went with that.
According to "The Google" and Wiki it looks like you are right...I think. they list thescientific name is Cyclosternum fasciatum. Although both use Davus fasciatus as well so I'm not sure if that's just an outdated classification...
Maybe sharing your research with Wiki will help keep things clear and keep things in order.

So, Forum...Cyclosternum fasciatum is what i'm looking for, a.k.a. Costa Rican tiger rump, a.k.a D. Fasciatus, a.k.a. the other names that Steve shared and so on and so forth.

Thanks all!