• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this safe to use?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
It's from a bag of cork bark that I've been using and the rest is fine. Just wanted to make sure this is safe before I use it in an enclosure It looks more like a fungus than mold

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd give it a good brush then pour boiling water over it and dry it in the oven and hopefully that should kill it off.

Nunua

3 Year Member
That is just lichen (I'd say Flavoparmelia sp.) and as far as I know, it shouldn't be toxic to tarantulas. But better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Lichens are living composite organisms, but extremely slow growing.

Last edited:

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
That is just lichen (I'd say Flavoparmelia sp.) and as far as I know, it shouldn't be toxic to tarantulas. But better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Lichens are living composite organisms, but extremely slow growing.

And beautiful organisms at that. Its a shame to get rid of them... but I would suggest the same that you did.

Latest posts